WHFS provides medical health checks and tests for women’s related health issues.
- Medical services
- Perth Maternity Midwife Service
- Phone support
- Creche Facilities
- Interpreters and Bilingual Services
- Street Doctor
These services are provided by female doctors and nurses at both our Northbridge and Joondalup offices.
Medical Clinic services include (but are not limited to):
- Contraception consultation and advice
- Implanon and IUD insertion
- Cervical Screenings (Pap Smear)
- Sexually Transmissible Infections screening and treatment and advice
- Pregnancy Testing
- Breast examination
- Mental Health Symptoms
- Menstrual Problems
- Unplanned pregnancy information and advice
- Other women’s health issues
Nurse appointments include:
- STI screening
- Pap Smears
- Menopause information
- Contraception advice
- Unplanned pregnancy counselling
Perth Maternity Midwife Service:
The clinic now has appointments available with Perth Maternity midwives for pregnancy care:
Northbridge – Monday morning
Joondalup – Wednesday morning
Women can self-refer and make an appointment as early as possible in their pregnancy
Appointments can be made through the Perth Maternity website www.perthmaternity.com.au or by calling WHFS on:
Northbridge: 6330 5400
Joondalup: 9300 1566
All Perth Maternity appointments are bulk billed
Perth Maternity midwives will:
- Commence the National Pregnancy Hand Held Record
- Ensure antenatal pathology and imaging tests are performed in a timely manner
- Complete obstetric and medical risk assessments, EPDS, alcohol and smoking audits
- Refer all women to the birthing service of their choice at 12 – 16 weeks gestation
- Refer the woman back to her own GP at 20 weeks so that the GP can review her progress in the second trimester of pregnancy
- Refer all women to a GP for antenatal immunisations
- Provide all antenatal care within a collaborative obstetric shared care framework up until 41 weeks gestation
- Women will be referred to the obstetric team at the woman’s birthing hospital for an induction of labour where indicated
- Women will be referred to their chosen GP for their 6 week postnatal check
- Neonates will be referred to their GP for the 6 week immunisations
Phone support service
The nurses at WHFS also provide clinical health information, counselling and support services over the phone. The information, counselling and support services are confidential.
To book an appointment or access the nurse information, counselling and phone support
Contact WHFS reception on (08) 6330 5400 and ask to speak to a nurse.
Rural Clients can call 1800 998 399 to access the nurse health information, counselling and support.
Appointments with a relevant healthcare concession card will be bulk-billed. For standard appointments with a medicare card but no concession, you will be out of pocket approximately $25 after the medicare rebate. However as prices can vary it is best to contact us to find out more about particular appointment costs.
Due to the high number of costing inquiries, please note the following test costs for clients:
STI testing – $20 (without a medicare card, you will also be charged for pathology)
Pregnancy testing (without medicare card) – $12
Please Note: Fees can be negotiated based on financial hardship.
Free creche facilities are available, please let us know if you will require them.
Interpreters and Bilingual Services
WHFS staff are happy to use interpreters or bilingual workers. If an interpreter is required for your appointment, please discuss this with us at the time of booking.
WHFS are hosting the Street Doctor van outside our premises on a Wednesday night for those who would like a drop-in, bulk-billed appointment.