WHFS provides medical health checks and tests for women’s related health issues.
- Medical services
- Midwifery Service
- Phone support
- Creche Facilities
- Interpreters and Bilingual Services
These services are provided by female doctors and nurses at both our Northbridge and Joondalup offices.
Medical Clinic services include (but are not limited to):
- Contraception consultation and advice
- Implanon and IUD insertion
- Cervical Screenings (Pap Smear)
- Sexually Transmissible Infections screening and treatment and advice
- Pregnancy Testing
- Breast examination
- Mental Health Symptoms
- Menstrual Problems
- Unplanned pregnancy information and advice
- Other women’s health issues
Nurse appointments include:
- STI screening
- Pap Smears
- Menopause information
- Contraception advice
- Unplanned pregnancy counselling
The clinic now has appointments available with our midwife for antenatal and postnatal care:
Northbridge – Monday – Wednesday
Women can self-refer and make an appointment as early as possible in their pregnancy
Appointments can be made by calling WHFS on:
Northbridge: 6330 5400
All Midwife appointments are bulk billed
The Midwife will:
- Work in collaboration with the in-house Obstetric GP
- Commence the National Pregnancy Handheld Record
- Ensure antenatal pathology and ultrasounds are performed in a timely manner
- Complete obstetric and medical risk assessments
- Refer all women to the birthing service of their choice at 12 – 16 weeks gestation
- Provide all antenatal care throughout pregnancy alongside a collaborative obstetric shared care framework up until 41 weeks gestation
- Provide antenatal education for labour & birth and breastfeeding
- Be referred to the obstetric team at the woman’s birthing hospital for an induction of labour where indicated
- Provide postnatal care and breastfeeding support for up to 6 weeks
- Women can have a 6-week postnatal check with their baby with the Midwife & GP
- Neonates will be able to have their 6-week immunisations within this clinic
Phone support service
The nurses at WHFS also provide clinical health information, counselling and support services over the phone. The information, counselling and support services are confidential.
To book an appointment or access the nurse information, counselling and phone support
Contact WHFS reception on (08) 6330 5400 and ask to speak to a nurse.
Rural Clients can call 1800 998 399 to access the nurse health information, counselling and support.
Appointments with a relevant healthcare concession card will be bulk-billed. For standard appointments with a medicare card but no concession, you will be out of pocket approximately $25 after the medicare rebate. However as prices can vary it is best to contact us to find out more about particular appointment costs.
Due to the high number of costing inquiries, please note the following test costs for clients:
Nursing Consultation and STI Testing – $20 (without a medicare card, you will also be charged for pathology)
Pregnancy Testing – $12 out of pocket payment
General Billing Policy*
Student concession available to students under 16 years (16 years and over will be charged at the general rates)
All non-Health Care Card and non-Medicare card holders will be charged at general rates
Health Care Card holders will be bulk billed for general consultations, separate to any procedures
Please note: $25 late cancellation fee/no attendance fee applicable. All appointments are to be cancelled by 5.00pm the day before appointment to avoid late fee
Please contact Reception on 08 6330 5400 for all bookings and pricing enquiries.
*subject to change
Fees can be negotiated based on financial hardship. Please discuss this at the time of booking and prior to your consultation.
Free creche facilities are available, please let us know if you will require them.
Interpreters and Bilingual Services
WHFS staff are happy to use interpreters or bilingual workers. If an interpreter is required for your appointment, please discuss this with us at the time of booking.