Womens Health and Family Services provide the free Kids in Focus service in Western Australia. Kids in Focus WA (KIFWA) offers a comprehensive array of services to children affected by parental alcohol and/or other drug use, and to their families.
KIFWA services offered through WHFS include:
- Psychoeducational workshops
- Child and Family counselling
- Art, play and sand tray therapies
- Group work
- Parenting Training and Support
- Social and recreational activities
Being a part of WHFS, this provides the opportunity for simple referrals to other WHFS programs that KIFWA families may require. These programs include: alcohol and drug, medical, mental health, domestic violence, Aboriginal services, Rural in Reach and community development services.
Creche facilities and interpreting services are available.
Group work opportunities include expressive therapy groups and therapeutic groups, including:
- Drum Beats
- Circle of Security - Assisting parents to raise their children with warmth, emotional intelligence and love
- Engaging adolescents
- RAGE - helping adolescents renavigating anger and guilty emotions
Contact us to find out more about the group times and dates.
Self referrals are welcome, as are referrals from schools, GPs, hospitals mental health clinics, psychiatrists, AOD services, and other health professionals/community workers.
For more information
If you would like to find out about KIFWA or other services at WHFS, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have email or need to speak to someone, please call us on (08) 6330 5400.