For many Parents, particularly women, caring for children can mean large breaks from paid employment.
ParentsNext is a national program which recognises that many Parents of young children need help to plan and prepare for employment by the time their children start school. The ParentsNext programme provides valuable pre-employment support to improve work readiness and future employment prospects.
Women’s Health and Family Services, a ParentsNext Provider, has been working with women, families and communities for over 40 years and directly providing career assistance for over 9 yrs. For the past 18 months we have been successfully supporting Parents through the ParentsNext programme, by working with them to:
- Identify personalised education and employment goals
- Set clear career and activity plans to follow to achieve these goals
- Identify any skills gaps
- Provide access to training, activities and services in the local community
- Improve confidence and feel empowered to return to work or study
- Gain practical job seeking skills and interview techniques
- Identify and address any barriers to employment
- Manage employment demands with parenting demands
- Connect to WHFS in-house support and programmes – an integrated approach
Our ParentsNext Teams are experienced in empowering individuals with diverse needs, backgrounds and cultures including disabilities.
Our Services are located in:
- Mirrabooka – Sudbury House, 30 Chesterfield Road
- Midland – Midland Junction Lotteries House, 39 Helena Street
- Ellenbrook – Unit 2, 38 Main Street
- Northbridge – 227 Newcastle Street
- Joondalup – Lotteries House, 70 Davidson Terrace
Parents are eligible and able to access the WHFS ParentsNext program provided they:
- are receiving a Parenting Payment from Centrelink
- have not had employment earnings during the past six months
- have a child between six months and five years of age
How to access ParentsNext
- Centrelink can refer eligible Parents
- Parents can also directly register with us.
Want to know more?
Please contact the ParentsNext team on 6330 5400 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org