Womens Health & Family Services provide the free Kids in Focus service in Western Australia.
Kids in Focus (KIF) offers a comprehensive array of services to children affected by family alcohol and/ or other drug misuse, and to their families.
KIF services include:
- Psychoeducational workshops
- Child and Family counselling
- Art, play and sand tray therapies
- Group work
- Parenting Training and Support
- Social and recreational activities
Being a part of WHFS, this provides the opportunity for simple referrals to other WHFS programs that KIF families may require. These programs include: alcohol and drug, medical, mental health, domestic violence, Aboriginal services and community development services.
Creche facilities and interpreting services are available.
Group work opportunities include expressive therapy groups and therapeutic groups, including:
- Circle of Security – Assisting parents to raise their children with warmth, emotional intelligence and love
- Engaging adolescents
- Tuning in to Kids
- Tuning in to Teens
Contact us to find out more about the group times and dates.
Self referrals are welcome, as are referrals from schools, GPs, hospitals mental health clinics, psychiatrists, AOD services, and other health professionals/community workers. Images of children and their families