The Aboriginal Family Support Service aims to support and strengthen Aboriginal grandparents and their families through the generations.
The program provides information, advocacy and referrals as well as group activities, respite camps and peer support groups.
The program offers a range of assistance to Aboriginal grandparents and their families, including:
- Individual support and practical help where needed
- Peer support groups
- Group activities for Mums including weekly art groups/coffee mornings, pamper days and physical activity events
- Group activities for children
- Weekly playgroup (0 to 4 years) featuring arts and crafts, sing-alongs, dress ups, fun outings and guest speakers
- Aboriginal Networking Events
- Referral and Advocacy
Self referrals are welcome, as are referrals from GPs, mental health clinics, psychiatrists and other health professionals.