This page features links to factsheets and pamphlets of health information in a variety of topics. You will find many resources here from our partner Jean Hailes for Women’s Health.
WHFS Contact Information
Please note that the contact information for Women’s Health & Family Services may be out of date on some of the following factsheets and pamphlets. The current address and contact details for WHFS are available click here.
- General Health
- Physical Health
- Mental & Emotional Health
- Anxiety, Panic Attacks & Nutrition – Managing your Vitamins and Minerals
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks: Recommended Reading List
- Breathing Exercises
- Grounding List
- Panic Attacks
- Self-Talk to Cope with Anxiety
- Mental Health Tips in the Workplace – for Managers
- Mental Health Tips in the Workplace – for Employees
Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Uterus, cervix & ovaries
- Cervical Screening Test
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Yarning about periods (menstrual cycle)
- My Period – what’s normal
- Heavy menstrual bleeding factsheet
- Sex and Sexual health
- Menopause in the workplace
- Understanding premature and early menopause
- Pregnancy and Parenting
For Health Information in Language
The Health Promotion Services at WHFS stock hard copies of health information in a variety of different languages. Resources are also available to assist and/or train health professionals in supporting multicultural clients, such as the Drug and Alcohol Communication Images.
If you require health information in a particular language, please contact:
Phone: (08) 6330 5400
Or to find out more about services supporting multicultural clients, please visit out Multicultural Services page.
Health and Wellbeing Videos
Enjoy some self-care tips from the comfort of your own home with Tanja our Health and Wellbeing Practitioner, as she focuses on the 6 Pillars of Wellbeing:
- Stress Management and Meditation
- Emotion Management Techniques
- Good Nutrition and Nourishment
- Biological Rhythms and Grounding, and
- Movement and Yoga
Mindfulness audio series
WHFS Health promotion team have created a series of audio recordings on the topic of mindfulness. You can listen and follow along to these from your computer, tablet or phone while you’re on the go.