Womens Health & Family Services (WHFS) is a leading non-for-profit organisation specialising in women’s health issues, providing medical, counselling, alcohol and other drug support, domestic violence, mental health and other health services for women and their families. The integrated programs and services at WHFS are open to all Western Australian women and their families, with consideration made for the unique needs of Aboriginal, migrant and refugee families.
- A supportive and flexible work environment in an established NFP organisation
- Competitive remuneration with opportunity to salary sacrifice
- flexible, family friendly working conditions in a dynamic, forward thinking organisation.
WHFS is currently planning expansion of services on site and outreach locations and are seeking Expressions of Interest from candidates with the specialised background to fill positions in the immediate term and over the next six months.
Applicants of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, CALD communities, disabilities, LGBQIT+ backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
About the Positions
WHFS has employment opportunities available and is calling for Expressions of interest for the following positions:
- Clinical opportunities – Doctors, Nurse Practitioner, Midwife, Nurses, Clinical Psychologist, Allied Health Roles and Receptionist.
- Advocate – Provide advocacy and support to clients. Specialised areas of focus; Mental Health, Domestic Violence
- Counsellor – Deliver counselling to women and/or significant others in relation to self and/or other issues specialising in Children Advocate counselling and Domestic violence
- Creche worker – To provide quality care to the children of (WHFS) clients accessing venues and services.
- Marketing and Communications Officer – to provide marketing and communications support across the organisation
Work type: Fixed Term, Permanent and Casual Employment Opportunities
Roster: Monday to Friday
Required Skills and Experience
Candidates must be able to bring a flexible mindset, challenge traditional thinking, and will possess the following skills and experience:
- Relevant Tertiary Education specific to the discipline and position
- Relevant industry experience – with demonstrated outcomes
- Experience in working with women and their families with complex issues
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with individuals, groups and organisations.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- High level computer literacy skills with proficiency in a range of applications.
- National Police Clearance
- WWC check (if applicable to position requirement)
Dependant on the position, WHFS has fixed term and permanent contracts available for full time and part time engagement.
For confidential discussions regarding questions to a specific position, please call Huyen Tran firstname.lastname@example.org or on 6330 5400 or alternatively, for a copy of the specific position description please email HR@whfs.org.au
How to apply
EOI’s can be directly submitted via email to The HR Coordinator, Sarella Kessel at HR@whfs.org.au Please ensure the position you are expressing interest in, is in the subject title.
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on upholding the organisation’s vision and purpose. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment.