Womens Health & Family Services specializes in women’s health issues, providing medical, counselling, drug and alcohol support, domestic violence, mental health and other health services for women and their families. The programs and services at Womens Health & Family Services are open to all West Australian women and their families, with consideration made for the unique needs of Aboriginal, migrant and refugee families.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Family and Domestic Violence Coordinator
- Vocationally registered GP for Sessional Work
Family & Domestic Violence Coordinator – 4 days per week.
This position is a one year contract with possible extension.
This position is part time with a salary pro-rata of yearly salary of $88,627 with attractive salary packaging entitlements and superannuation in a dynamic organisation.
Responsibilities will be to coordinate and support Family & Domestic Violence Services staff and providing support to the Children & Family Services Manager. The position is required to work in collaboration with the Children & Family Services Manager, to further develop and document evidence based programs and services to meet the needs of clients and key stakeholders, represent the Children & Family Services Manager at WHFS meetings where appropriate and necessary and work within the broader community to develop partnerships and collaboration to meet the diverse and complex needs of the client groups and to establish and implement integrated service models. Additionally, this position will have to manage a limited case load providing advocacy and support to women experiencing or at risk of domestic & family violence.
The following Selection Criteria applies to this position. Applications addressing the selection criteria will be regarded over applications received without the selection criteria addressed.
To achieve this, the successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in coordinating service and program delivery
- Experience in Working with CaLD and Aboriginal women and a demonstrated understanding of intersectionality
- Demonstrated skills and experience in counselling competencies, including a high level of understanding of the dynamics of domestic and family violence and the social model of health
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and review relevant policies and protocols pertaining to Standards of Practice in program areas
- Proven ability to work within a budget
- Financial management skills and experience in budget preparation and management
- Computer literacy including sound knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft applications, in particular Word and Outlook.
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation in EEO, Disability Services and Occupational Health & Safety
- Fluency in language other than English
The applicant will need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in social work, cultural studies, family studies or related fields.
- Valid Police Clearance or Criminal Record Check
- Valid Working with Children Check
How to Apply
Click Here to view the Job Description and Selection Criteria for this position
Applications addressing the selection criteria, with attached CV and nominated referees should be submitted by email no later than 4:00pm, Monday the 7th October and must contain the following documents:
- Letter of application,
- Resume and,
- Application addressing the Selection Criteria outlined above.
Attention to: Sarella Kessel, HR@whfs.org.au
For confidential discussions regarding questions specific to this role please email Lisa Craig firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 6330 5400.
Female VR GP for Sessional Work
Womens Health & Family Services is seeking a female VR GP with an interest in women’s sexual and reproductive health for sessional work in its Medical & Health Service located in Joondalup & Northbridge.
Sessions negotiable and family friendly.
- Good remuneration.
- Salary sacrificing.
- Nurse and allied health support.
- Accredited service.
The following Selection Criteria applies to this position:
1. Registered Medical Practitioner in WA.
2. Certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health for Medical practitioners (or equivalent).
3. Experience working in a primary health or GP setting.
4. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
5. Demonstrated task and time management skills.
6. Demonstrated high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Awareness of own personal values, attitudes, and beliefs and how they impact on communication with clients.
8. Commitment to the philosophy and objectives which guide the work of WHFS.
9. Knowledge of principles of Primary Health.
10. Awareness of legislation relating to Abortion in WA.
11. Familiarity in electronic records management.
12. Current relevant clearances.
How to Apply:
Click Here to view the Job Description with Selection Criteria for this position.
1. Letter of application,
2. Resume and,
3. Application addressing the Selection Criteria referred to in this document
Applications can be emailed or mailed to Sharon Maxwell, email@example.com, Womens Health & Family Services, PO Box 32, Northbridge, WA 6865.
Questions regarding this position should be addressed to Sharon Maxwell, Manager Medical & Health, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 08 6330 5400.
It is the policy of WHFS that all employees undergo criminal record screening. The screening is carried out by the Department of Health and the cost is borne by the employee.
Women from CALD, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Didn't find what you were looking for? There are a number of different ways to get involved with WHFS.