Womens Health & Family Services specializes in women’s health issues, providing medical, counselling, drug and alcohol support, domestic violence, mental health and other health services for women and their families. The programs and services at Womens Health & Family Services are open to all West Australian women and their families, with consideration made for the unique needs of Aboriginal, migrant and refugee families.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Family Therapist
- Family and Domestic Violence Coordinator
- EOI - Collaborative Partnerships
- Vocationally registered GP for Sessional Work
WHFS is a seeking motivated Family Therapist with experience and qualifications for its Counselling and Domestic Violence Advocacy Service. A tertiary degree in Psychology, Social work, counselling or related field is required.
The position is full time for a 12 month contract with the possibility of extension.
The Family Therapist will -
- Provide high quality, ethical and professional family counselling services.
- Work within an integrated collaborative framework.
- Act as a resource on family issues for other Womens Health & Family Services employees for debriefing and supervision.
- Plan, implement and evaluate therapeutic groups relevant to the target group.
- Manage a caseload and maintain electronic case notes.
Ability to work an evening and colocation to other sites may be required. The position offers a salary of $75,465.00 with flexible, family friendly working conditions, attractive salary packaging entitlements and superannuation in a dynamic, forward thinking organisation.
How to Apply:
Applications addressing the selection criteria (maximum 3 pages) and attaching CV and nominated referees may be submitted by email no later than Tuesday 19-November-2019 at 4:00pm.
Please note any applications that do not address the selection criteria will NOT be considered.
For confidential discussions regarding questions specific to this role contact Lisa Craig on firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 6330 5400.
For questions regarding the application process please contact, Sarella Kessel at HR@whfs.org.au.
Womens Health & Family Services, PO Box 32, Northbridge, WA 6865, Tel 08 6330 5400.
Family & Domestic Violence Coordinator – 4 days per week.
This position is a one year contract with possible extension.
This position is part time with a salary pro-rata of yearly salary of $88,627 with attractive salary packaging entitlements and superannuation in a dynamic organisation.
Responsibilities will be to coordinate and support Family & Domestic Violence Services staff and provide support to the Children & Family Services Manager. The position is required to work in collaboration with the Children & Family Services Manager, to further develop and document evidence based programs and services to meet the needs of clients and key stakeholders, represent the Children & Family Services Manager at WHFS meetings where appropriate and necessary, work within the broader community to develop partnerships and collaboration to meet the diverse and complex needs of the client groups, and to establish and implement integrated service models. Additionally, this position will have to manage a limited caseload providing advocacy and support to women experiencing, or at risk of, domestic & family violence.
The following Selection Criteria applies to this position. Applications addressing the selection criteria will be regarded over applications received without the selection criteria addressed.
To achieve this, the successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in coordinating service and program delivery
- Experience in Working with CaLD and Aboriginal women and a demonstrated understanding of intersectionality
- Demonstrated skills and experience in counselling competencies, including a high level of understanding of the dynamics of domestic and family violence and the social model of health
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and review relevant policies and protocols pertaining to Standards of Practice in program areas
- Proven ability to work within a budget
- Financial management skills and experience in budget preparation and management
- Computer literacy including sound knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft applications, in particular Word and Outlook.
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation in EEO, Disability Services and Occupational Health & Safety
- Fluency in language other than English
The applicant will need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in social work, cultural studies, family studies or related fields.
- Valid Police Clearance or Criminal Record Check
- Valid Working with Children Check
How to Apply
Click Here to view the Job Description and Selection Criteria for this position
Applications addressing the selection criteria, with attached CV and nominated referees should be submitted by email no later than 4:00pm, Monday the 7th October and must contain the following documents:
- Letter of application,
- Resume and,
- Application addressing the Selection Criteria outlined above.
Attention to: Sarella Kessel, HR@whfs.org.au
For confidential discussions regarding questions specific to this role please email Lisa Craig email@example.com or telephone 6330 5400.
EOI- Collaborative Relationship with Psychologist or Counsellor
Womens Health & Family Services (WHFS) is a not for profit organisation who supports the health and wellbeing of WA women, their families and their communities. WHFS provide assistance to vulnerable and disadvantaged women through the clinic, counselling and support services.
Womens Health & Family Services would like to establish a working partnership with AHPRA registered mental health professionals who are eligible for Medicare provider numbers to provide services from WHFS, Tuesday/Wednesday evening, Friday and/or Saturday. As a contractor, business will be via referrals from medical practitioners with administrative support provided by WHFS.
- Registered Psychologist, Mental Health OT or Mental Health Social Worker
- National Police Clearance
- Professional Indemnity insurance
- Current AHPRA registration
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Attractive arrangement of shared revenue
- Parking reimbursement
- Centrally located office with 24/7 security
- Friendly and supportive team
- Marketing to attract new clients
- Existing client and referral base
- Fully furnished consultation rooms
If you are interested in this potential collaboration with WHFS, please email HR@whfs.org.au for further details.
Female VR GP for Sessional Work
Womens Health & Family Services is seeking a female VR GP with an interest in women’s sexual and reproductive health for sessional work in its Medical & Health Service located in Joondalup & Northbridge.
Sessions negotiable and family friendly.
- Good remuneration.
- Salary sacrificing.
- Nurse and allied health support.
- Accredited service.
The following Selection Criteria applies to this position:
1. Registered Medical Practitioner in WA.
2. Certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health for Medical practitioners (or equivalent).
3. Experience working in a primary health or GP setting.
4. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
5. Demonstrated task and time management skills.
6. Demonstrated high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Awareness of own personal values, attitudes, and beliefs and how they impact on communication with clients.
8. Commitment to the philosophy and objectives which guide the work of WHFS.
9. Knowledge of principles of Primary Health.
10. Awareness of legislation relating to Abortion in WA.
11. Familiarity in electronic records management.
12. Current relevant clearances.
How to Apply:
Click Here to view the Job Description with Selection Criteria for this position.
1. Letter of application,
2. Resume and,
3. Application addressing the Selection Criteria referred to in this document
Applications can be emailed or mailed to Sharon Maxwell, firstname.lastname@example.org, Womens Health & Family Services, PO Box 32, Northbridge, WA 6865.
Questions regarding this position should be addressed to Sharon Maxwell, Manager Medical & Health, email@example.com Tel 08 6330 5400.
It is the policy of WHFS that all employees undergo criminal record screening. The screening is carried out by the Department of Health and the cost is borne by the employee.
Women from CALD, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Didn't find what you were looking for? There are a number of different ways to get involved with WHFS.