Womens Health & Family Services specializes in women’s health issues, providing medical, counselling, drug and alcohol support, domestic violence, mental health and other health services for women and their families. The programs and services at Womens Health & Family Services are open to all West Australian women and their families, with consideration made for the unique needs of Aboriginal, migrant and refugee families.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Counsellor - Aboriginal Family Support Services
- Vocationally registered GP for Sessional Work
Aboriginal AOD & Mental Health Counsellor
Womens Health & Family Services has a position vacancy for an Aboriginal Counsellor. This position will be based in Joondalup, Perth, with outreach work as required.
This position is for 3 days per week for a 12 month position, with the possibility of extension. This position is available for immediate start.
For confidential discussions regarding questions specific to this role please email Fiona Reid firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 6330 5400.
How To Apply:
Click Here to view the Job Description including selection criteria for this position.
Applications addressing the selection criteria from the job description, along with CV and nominated referees should be submitted by email no later than 4:00pm Monday 15 July 2019 to Sarella Kessel at WHFS HR@whfs.org.au
Being Aboriginal is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement for this position under the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 - Section 50(d) Exemptions. This allows for the employment of Aboriginal persons with services for the purpose of promoting their welfare where those services can most effectively be provided by an Aboriginal person.
Female VR GP for Sessional Work
Womens Health & Family Services is seeking a female VR GP with an interest in women’s sexual and reproductive health for sessional work in its Medical & Health Service located in Joondalup & Northbridge.
Sessions negotiable and family friendly.
- Good remuneration.
- Salary sacrificing.
- Nurse and allied health support.
- Accredited service.
The following Selection Criteria applies to this position:
1. Registered Medical Practitioner in WA.
2. Certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health for Medical practitioners (or equivalent).
3. Experience working in a primary health or GP setting.
4. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
5. Demonstrated task and time management skills.
6. Demonstrated high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Awareness of own personal values, attitudes, and beliefs and how they impact on communication with clients.
8. Commitment to the philosophy and objectives which guide the work of WHFS.
9. Knowledge of principles of Primary Health.
10. Awareness of legislation relating to Abortion in WA.
11. Familiarity in electronic records management.
12. Current relevant clearances.
How to Apply:
Click Here to view the Job Description with Selection Criteria for this position.
1. Letter of application,
2. Resume and,
3. Application addressing the Selection Criteria referred to in this document
Applications can be emailed or mailed to Sharon Maxwell, email@example.com, Womens Health & Family Services, PO Box 32, Northbridge, WA 6865.
Questions regarding this position should be addressed to Sharon Maxwell, Manager Medical & Health, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 08 6330 5400.
It is the policy of WHFS that all employees undergo criminal record screening. The screening is carried out by the Department of Health and the cost is borne by the employee.
Women from CALD, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Didn't find what you were looking for? There are a number of different ways to get involved with WHFS.